- American Sociological Association (click here for links to all sections)
- Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology
- Association for Humanist Sociology
- Society for the Study of Social Problems (click here for links to all divisions)
- Sociologists for Women in Society
- Eastern Sociological Society
- Mid-South Sociological Association
- Midwest Sociological Society
- North Central Sociological Association
- Pacific Sociological Association
- Southern Sociological Society
“Turning a Paper into a Publishable/Published Manuscript”: a handout prepared by Shannon Davis (GMU) as part of a graduate student workshop held in Fall 2010.
“Publishing an edited volume”: a PowerPoint prepared by Jason Smith (GMU) and Bhoomi Thakore (Elmherst College) as part of a graduate student workshop held in Spring 2017.
Video on the ‘Author Academy’ from Springer.
Tips from the American Sociological Association on communicating research to non-academic audiences (op-eds, press releases, social media toolkits, etc.).
Additionally, the Social Science Research Council has a series entitled “Academia & the Public Sphere,” featuring essays from prominent scholars across the disciplines on the intersection of academic work and issues of the public sphere.
Likewise, the International Sociological Association’s Social Justice and Democratization Space has posted articles discussing “Public Sociology” from outside the United States.
- Catalyst: A Social Justice Forum
- City & Community
- Critical Sociology
- Critical Studies in Media Communication
- Gender & Society
- Humanity & Society
- Journal of Applied Social Science
- Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare
- Public Opinion Quarterly
- Race and Social Problems
- Social Change
- Social Justice
- Social Justice Research
- Social Problems
- Societies without Borders
- Aspen Institute
- Autonomy Institute
- Brookings Institution
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Center for American Progress
- Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Claremont Institute
- Council on Foreign Relations
- Economic Policy Institute
- International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- National Endowment for Democracy
- The New America Foundation
- The New Economics Foundation
- Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Roosevelt Institution
- United States Institute of Peace
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars